- Created: Friday, 11 June 2010 17:45
- Hits: 2140
A short introduction
Chiara Lubich had founded in 1980 the Popular Marian University to offer to the members of the Focolare Movement a curriculum of studies with yearly lessons which are concluded with regular conversations-exams. The lessons, which take place at the International Center of the Focolare Movement, are then sent over to the Secretariats of each Zone. We also take care of their translation into other languages. Some of our courses are not active any longer. Those offering the fundamentals of Christian formation, though, are still active. These courses are compulsory for every member of our Movement.
Since 2010, the program of study is relevant to the spiritual program followed by the whole Movement: this is aimed at facilitating a complete (spiritual, intellectual and practical) deepening of an aspect of Christian life as illuminated by the Charism of Unity.
Every year, one or more exams of the active courses may be taken.
A list of our Courses:
- 1981-1989 – Theology (eight years) – non active
- 1989-1991 – Sacred Scripture (due years) – non active
- 1991-1994 – God as Love (three years) – non active
- 1994-2000 – Catechism of the Catholic Church (six years) – active
- 2001-2005 – History of the Church (five years) – non active
- 2005-2006 – Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (one year) – active
- 2006-2009 – Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church (three years) – active
- 2009-2010 – God is Love (one year) - active
- 2010-2011 – The Will of God (one year) - active